1. Q. What is the minimum contribution?
A. Kshs.1,000 per month.
2. Q. How do I increase or reduce my contribution?
A. By contacting Utabibu Enquiries section.3. Q. When do I expect final dues after notice of withdrawal?
A. After two months
4. Q. What do I need when applying for a loan?
A. * Fully completed loan application form (as appropriate for each type of loan).
* One recent pay slip
*Guarantors for the full loan applied for.
5. Q. When am I eligible for a loan?
A. After being a member for at least six months and having contributed for at least six consecutive months (Depending on the minimum contribution bracket that you fall under).
6. Q. How much do I qualify for?
A. Loans are given three times a members savings subject to two thirds rule (A member must take home at least an third of his/her pay after all deductions).
7. Q. Can I apply for more than one loan?
A. A member is allowed to take all the loan products on offer so long as total loans do not exceed three times his/her shares.
8. Q. Can I continue my membership as an individual member after leaving the organization?
A. Yes, through monthly cash deposits and/or standing order.9. Q. Can I guarantee myself for a loan?
A. Yes, only when you are taking a loan less or equivalent to your shares and you have not guaranteed any other person and do not wish to do so in future.
10. Q. Can my other loan balance(s) be offset from the new loan I have applied for so that I get the cheque for the difference?
A. No, members should clear off their outstanding balances to qualify for new loans or in order to remain with one loan.
11. Q. Can I send somebody to pick my Cheque once it’s ready?
A. No, the loan applicant in required to collect the cheque in person and sign in our register as collected.
Got more questions? Talk to us